- 6 pieces large egg yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 ¾ cup whipping cream
- 4 cups espresso (room temperature)
- ½ cup chocolate liqueur or Marsala wine
- 180 g Italian lady fingers
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup shards of bittersweet chocolate
- Using the OneTouch for Two Function of your Miele Coffee Machine, prepare 2 cups of espresso coffee. Repeat this function to yield 4 cups of espresso coffee. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and let it boil using the Boost Function on your Miele Induction Cooktop. Once the water boils, lower the heat down to medium until the water simmers.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized glass bowl. Place the bowl over the pot of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not come in contact with the water.
- Cook the egg yolks and sugar mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the mixture until thick. Allow it to cool briefly before mixing in the mascarpone cheese.
- Add in the mascarpone cheese to the whipped egg yolks and sugar mixture. Mix further until combined.
- Using a clean mixing bowl and a hand mixer with a clean whisk attachment, beat the whipping cream until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone-egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- Place the espresso you made earlier in a bowl. Mix in the chocolate liqueur or Marsala wine.
- Dip the ladyfingers into the espresso-liqueur mixture one at a time until each one is soaked, but not soggy.
- As you dip the ladyfingers, arrange them onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone cream mixture over the layer of lady fingers. Smoothen it out using the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers. Finish it off with a layer of mascarpone cream
- Refrigerate the tiramisu for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with shards of bittersweet chocolate before serving
- From sweet to savoury, from simple to elaborate – our recipe database, developed by Miele culinary experts, contains recipes guaranteed for success! Whether it be a side or main dish, soup or dessert, very spicy or temptingly sweet, our recipes are suitable for any occasion, designed specifically for Miele appliances.