Chocolate Lava Cake
- 160 g dark chocolate 65%
- 160 g unsalted butter
- 3 pieces eggs, medium
- 3 pieces egg yolks
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 65 g all purpose flour and a little extra for dusting
- 25 g cocoa powder
1 pinch salt flakes
As needed vegetable oil spray
- Sift together the powdered sugar, flour, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and let it boil using the Boost Function on your Miele Induction Cooktop.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium-sized glass bowl. Place the bowl over the pot of boiling water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not come in contact with the water. Stir until the butter and the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Prepare round aluminum baking tins (2 inch in diameter by 1.5 inch in height) and lightly spray them with vegetable oil spray then lightly dust with flour. Make sure to remove excess flour from the baking tins.
- Fill each tin 3/4 full with the prepared mixture.
- Preheat the Miele Steamer to 100°C and steam for 8 minutes.
- Remove cake from tin and serve immediately.
- Place in a serving plate, serve with fresh fruits and ice cream, dust with cocoa powder and serve.
- Miko Aspiras is a multi-awarded Filipino pastry chef and the genius behind Scout’s Honor, Poison, and Le Petit Souffle. He was a Philippine Tatler T. Dining’s Best Pastry Chef in 2018 and part of Forbes Asia’s 2018 30 Under 30 list. His passion and creativity resulted in numerous iconic desserts – from his layered cakes to the Basque burnt cheesecake.
- We collaborated with Chef Miko Aspiras to create exclusive dessert recipes made especially for the Miele steamer.