- 3 egg yolks
- 60 ml sweet chardonnay vinegar
- Pinch salt flakes
- 220 g unsalted butter, diced
- 8 large free range eggs
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt flakes
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- Smoked salmon or leg ham
- Chives, finely chopped
- Place yolks, vinegar and salt in a glass mixing bowl and whisk together until foamy. Cover with cling wrap.
- Place butter in a separate bowl and cover with cling wrap. Place both bowls into the Miele Steamer on a wire rack. Steam at 75 °C for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cling wrap from the bowls and whisk the yolks until smooth and light. While stirring, add the butter, whisking vigorously until combined.
- Pass through a sieve into a clean bowl, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Fill a deep unperforated steam container with water and salt. Add 30 ml of white vinegar for every 1 liter of water used.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the vinegar water. Place into the Miele Steamer and steam at 90°C for 6 minutes.
- Place spinach into a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the muffins and cut in half, arrange on warm serving plates topped with the baby spinach and salmon.
- Once the eggs are cooked, carefully scoop out, using a slotted spoon. Drain on a piece of paper towel, before placing on top of the muffins. Spoon oven warm sauce and serve.
- Spoon oven warm hollandaise sauce and garnish with chopped chives.
- From sweet to savoury, from simple to elaborate – our recipe database, developed by Miele culinary experts, contains recipes guaranteed for success! Whether it be a side or main dish, soup or dessert, very spicy or temptingly sweet, our recipes are suitable for any occasion, designed specifically for Miele appliances.