- 300 g all purpose flour, sifted
- 125 g heavy cream
- 125 ml sparkling mineral water
- 5 g sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp nigella / celery seeds
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- As needed whole milk, for brushing
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, heavy cream, sparkling mineral water, sea salt flakes, and nigella / celery seeds. Mix with your fingers to form a very soft dough, being careful not to over mix.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured benchtop. Using your hand, press out the dough to approximately 2 cm thick.
- Use a floured round 5 cm pastry cutter to cut out scones. Place the cut scones on a baking tray, keeping them very close together so they ‘kiss’ and rise evenly.
- Bring the dough scraps together into a ball; re-form lightly to produce more scones.
- Preheat your Miele Combi Steam Oven to Fan Plus Function at 200°C.
- Make an indentation into the centre of the scones with your thumb and add some crumbled feta cheese.
- Rest for 10 minutes before baking. Brush the top with some whole milk and top each scone with a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place scones in the preheated oven on shelf position 2. Select Combination Mode: Fan Plus at 200°C + 15 minutes + 30% moisture.
HINTS AND TIPS
- You may use any kind of soft cheese such as goat’s cheese, brie, or mildly flavored blue cheese instead of feta cheese.
- From sweet to savoury, from simple to elaborate – our recipe database, developed by Miele culinary experts, contains recipes guaranteed for success! Whether it be a side or main dish, soup or dessert, very spicy or temptingly sweet, our recipes are suitable for any occasion, designed specifically for Miele appliances.