|4 – 6
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 5 pcs zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 pc white onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pcs red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 400 g canned whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 35 g fresh mint, chopped
- As needed salt
- As needed freshly ground pepper
- As needed cooking spray
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 500 g plain yogurt
- 2 pcs whole eggs
- Using your Miele Induction Hob, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pan fry the zucchini slices in batches until golden, then remove from the pan. Using the same pan, sauté the sliced white onions, chopped garlic, and sliced red bell peppers for 4 minutes. Add the canned whole tomatoes, tomato paste, and chopped fresh mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of the fried zucchini slices at the bottom, then add half of the tomato sauce, followed by a layer of half the grated mozzarella cheese. Cover with the remaining tomato sauce and finally, arrange the remaining zucchini slices evenly on top.
- Combine the all purpose flour, plain yogurt, eggs and the remaining mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the moussaka.
- Place the zucchini moussaka inside your Miele Combi Microwave Oven at shelf level 1. Select the MW + Fan Grill Function at 300 W + 180 °C for 30 minutes. Bake until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown on top.
HINTS AND TIPS
- As an alternative, the zucchini can be replaced with eggplant, pumpkin or sweet potato slices.
- From sweet to savoury, from simple to elaborate – our recipe database, developed by Miele culinary experts, contains recipes guaranteed for success! Whether it be a side or main dish, soup or dessert, very spicy or temptingly sweet, our recipes are suitable for any occasion, designed specifically for Miele appliances.