Orange Flourless Cake
Orange flourless cake
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups caster sugar
- 4 cups almond meal
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 pcs medium oranges
- 1 pc cinnamon bark
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 pcs oranges, thinly sliced
Yoghurt and pistachios to serve
- Place the oranges in a perforated steam container and, using your Miele Steamer steam at 100°C for 1 hour.
- Remove the oranges from the steamer, place into a blender and blend until you have a smooth puree. Reserve 250 g of the puree.
- Preheat your Miele Oven using Fan Plus at 150°C, or if applicable, Cakes Plus. Grease and line a 22cm round springform cake tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the 250 g orange purée followed by the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and place into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Dissolve the sugar and orange in a large frying pan on Medium heat, Induction setting 7.
- Add the cinnamon and orange slices and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove oranges and cool on a lined Baking tray, reserving the syrup.
- Serve the cake topped with orange slices, syrup, yoghurt, pistachios.
- From sweet to savoury, from simple to elaborate – our recipe database, developed by Miele culinary experts, contains recipes guaranteed for success! Whether it be a side or main dish, soup or dessert, very spicy or temptingly sweet, our recipes are suitable for any occasion, designed specifically for Miele appliances.